Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day




Most of my posts and most of my show is pretty light hearted. I don't like getting too deep on air or in my blog. I'm not a political talk-show host, I just try to keep it fun. Today is a little different since it's Veterans Day. I just want to sincerely thank everyone who has served or who is serving in the armed forces. You are much braver and stronger than me. I can't even think of how I'd deal with all that you sacrifice for people you don't know and for the most part, people who take what you do for granted 360 days a year. We celebrate you on Veterans Day, 9/11, the 4th of July and a few others but that's not enough, because you protect us 24/7 365.


I was lucky enough to travel to Washington DC last summer for the Honor Flight with my grandpa, who is a WWII Veteran. It was a great experience, seeing all of the vets from America's Greatest Generation's expressions when they were exploring the WWII Monument. The best part was the reception that was put on for them after we got back to the airport in Appleton. It was an honor to walk with them out of the airport with hundreds of people waving flags and holding signs saying thank you. It's something I'll never forget.


That's how it should be everyday for these people who gave up so much for us. Without them I couldn't be doing what I do and I don't and we don't thank them enough. So once again, thank you all for everything you do and have done to keep us safe and free. You are true heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment